How to Track Your Attendees Efficiently
When it comes to effective event management, tracking your attendees is as important as behavior measurement, as both play a vital role in the overall success of your event. What if you are organizing a conference with multiple concurrent events or seminar and you have about 1500 delegates checked in? What would be the best tools you can use to track these attendees? Which seminar that they can enter? Which session that they participate in? Wow! It Could be a disaster if we do it manually, right?
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), has several applications including quality management and attendance tracking. To support event management, this technology uses radio waves to locate attendees throughout the event space. RFIDbased event management provides a comprehensive tracking system to monitor the movement of attendees at every critical point of the event through RFID wristbands that are to be worn by all attendees.
How RFID works?
● RFID attendance tracking leverages radio waves that are transmitted and received by a device, known as ‘tag’. A tag is a Radio Frequency (RF) transponder or data carrier, with an attached antenna paired with a microchip. Working in collaboration with the tag is a reading device that is capable of reading the data relayed by the tag.
● RFID Tag May contain a wide range of information for varied purposes. These tags are kept in a body made of paper, plastic or some other material and affixed to a product or its container, package or pallet. The tag is probed by an RFID reader, after which it begins to transmit and receive radio signals.
● RFID Readers Range from handheld devices to a portal to manage a significant number of tagged devices. One example of such a device is ‘pallet’. In all cases, a special software solution is used to collect and process the information received. To track the movement of attendees, RFID readers are placed at multiple spots in the event space, ensuring constant monitoring and effective behavior observation.
How RFID benefits event?
Using RFID tagging to track and measure attendee behavior is much more advantageous compared to barcodes and other traditional methods. Some of these perks include:
● Help collect valuable business intelligence on the inclinations of attendees.
● Tags can be read remotely.
● Different attendees can be tracked simultaneously, as multiple tags can be read at once.
● Unique identification marks can be given to tags to track individual attendees.
● Some types of tags can be overwritten to enable updates, such as information on movement of attendees from one booth to another.
In conclusion, event with RFID technology addresses the need for effective attendance tracking; whether you choose to employ handheld RFID readers or other types. Given the features, it would be safe to say that RFID event solutions represent a failsafe way for organizers to have complete control over their events, and at the same time, collect valuable market data.
to Your Home