Always Want Interesting Things To Talk About? – How?
Are you get tongue-tied when it is most crucial?
How to keep up interesting things to talk about in a conversation?
Holding a good and engaging conversation is not easy. Conversation is one of the ways we use to communicate.
We are most afraid when there is a lull in the conversation. We start to panic and wonder if people find us uninteresting.
Here are some dos’ and don’ts of a great conversationalist.
Event management and conversation
First of all, why are we talking about the conversation in an event management solution site?
Well, don’t you know that when you have less stress on your mind you are better focused?!
We all need conversation in every aspect of our lives.
If you are in event management, the more you will need this skill. Get yourself a good event management system to help with the task of looking after all the event activities. As long as you have a mobile handheld the unit, you are good to go.
Use it to keep track of everything from a checklist to create a survey report at the end of your event.
Nothing could be simpler and more organized!
Secrets of a great conversationalist
What is the great secret to being a super conversationalist?
Surprisingly it would be to converse without expectations. Here are some of the tips that you can use:
- Do not expect to control a conversation.
Talk as freely as you would give from the heart. People sense that when they are talking to another person.
- Relax and just go with the flow of conversation.
It is not necessary to start a topic of your own.
- Be a good listener. Part of a great conversation is listening. It shows attentiveness and focuses. This makes the other person more comfortable with you.
- Do not try to out-talk the other party.
Everyone has something to say, and sometimes they want to be heard more than they want to hear.
- Have an open mind and an open heart.
Carry on your conversation with integrity and sincerity. Watch your body language.
- Know who you are talking too and make the right introductions – this will help to break the ice.
Have a genuine smile while you are doing this! Nothing is worse than a superficial smile and correct body language.
- Select to comment on a common topic as an opening line.
It could be anything from about the event to things in general. Be casual and try to list the positive side of things. Nobody likes to talk to a negative person.
- Have a knack for asking questions that will give more than a one-line response.
Select general questions that will allow the person to have an option to select his or her topic of interest.
- Some of the questions that you ask could be about knowing the person more.
Stick again to general questions which are not too private. Otherwise, you might give the impression of probing too much. This is where it is good to find a balance in the type of questions you ask.
- Respond positively to a persons comment or question and react accordingly.
If he or she cracks a joke, try to understand and laugh at it!
- Be confident!
Everyone likes to be around a confident personality, throw that shyness away.
- If the other person is a great talker, be a good listener.
You still get the credit for being a good conversationalist! A nifty trick to remember.
- Use good eye contact when you talk.
It shows the other person you are interested in what he or she has to say. This encourages them to be more open with you and is the start to good conversation flow.
- Do not interrupt midway through a conversation.
Take turns to answer and comment. This shows respect for the other person.
- Think about your answer before you respond.
Especially when it comes to an agree or disagree question. Do not manipulate the conversation to serve your own needs.
- Know when a conversation is over.
Don’t seem overly excited when it is a topic you are so familiar with. Talk in easy comfortable tones and don’t mumble!
- Always read the newspaper.
This keeps you informed of all current events and can be a conversation piece!
Are you ready to keep up interesting things to talk about?
Well, first make sure that all your event planning is well-taken care off.
Check out our event management software to help you to keep track or else you just might be the topic of conversation in the next event Malaysia occasion!